If you are a business owner, freelancer, consultant, solo professional, or have any desire to be a leader of any kind – you need to blog.
This Week's Tips
- LastPass – the last password you'll ever need to remember.
If you're continually beating yourself up about your shortcomings, here's good news!
“For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.”
Feature Story: 5 Reasons You Should Blog
- It's good for business. It wasn't always this way. When I started blogging, it didn't take long for me to realize blogging was building my business, too. I get a steady flow of new business from people who say something like, “Well, I started reading your blog and finally decided I would call you.”
- Self-expression. Once upon a time, I was a radio DJ. Highly-rated, successful, and loving it. Being on the radio was my own personal megaphone. It was my way of being heard. Now I get that same satisfaction from blogging. You can too. Now everyone's a DJ!
- Building a relationship with my readers. There's nothing like a blog (and a podcast) to build a relationship with your readers. My blog is the source of most of the conversations I have with my readers.
- Marketing. I know there are many who say you can't “monetize” a blog. Really? My own blog has brought me… well, let's call it “a substantial amount” of revenue. And I don't even use Adsense (as of this writing). And there are many examples of money-making blogs.
- Record Of My Thinking. Blogging is a way of distilling my thoughts and preserving them. Doing it publicly forces me to step up my game.
Those are just 5 reasons – there are dozens more.
You can find the podcast on Stitcher by clicking the logo:
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe (and leave a review) in iTunes.
Call in your questions or comments to our new, fancy “request line” at (509) 713-2679
Question for you: How about you? Do you blog – and if so, why? Comment below, or call in at (509) 713-2679