If you want to build a purpose-driven, personality-based online business, blogging should be the cornerstone of your business. And I can think of no one better than Leslie Samuel to discuss this topic.
Click here to download or listen to this episode now.
Tip of the Week: 3Ways to Be More Productive Instantly
- Start using Block Time. Block similar tasks. Batching similar activities and blocking time will make you more productive.
- Set yourself up for success. Disconnect from the internet and make yourself distraction-free.
- Buy experience. Experience is the best teacher. Doesn’t it make more sense to benefit from the mistakes other people have experienced? Masterminds, online courses, and training programs give you the lessons learned by the experiences of others (without having to endure the difficulty of the experience).
Spiritual Foundations: The Gift of No Condemnation
Romans 8 explains the Gift of No Condemnation, “There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ.”
You should have no guilt. You shouldn’t beat yourself up for your mistakes.
Yes, make amends if you have hurt someone, but feeling guilty should be over.
It is FINISHED. He paid the debt for all your sin…past…present…future.
Some worry that living with no condemnation will cause you to go and sin more.
No, this is not true. If you truly understand this, the Spirit will help you to actually sin less.
Although it seems counterintuitive, stop with the self–loathing and condemnation and realize you’re loaded with peace, love and joy.
Stop self–condemnation and celebrate your righteousness and receive what Jesus has to give you.
Feature Presentation “Why You Should Become a Blogger and How to Do It“
- How stumbling onto a website, “Make Some Money on the Internet” changed my life –Why blogging about a subject you know and love can propel your life in a new direction
- When I earned $70 online in one day I knew my future would be different – How blogging landed me my dream job as a university professor (even though I didn’t have a PhD)
- How to make the monumental crossroads decision: should you leave your side business or your job? The wise counsel of my wife and how it has influenced our family, our finances, and our future
- How to turn your blog into a business – Why great content alone is not enough to build your blog–based business
- If you are solving a problem, then you have the foundation for a business – How I sold a study guide and advertisements on my site to monetize my blog
- The Top 3 Most Common Mistakes People Make with Blogging
- Business mistake – The problem is they build a huge audience and yet they don’t have anything to sell. Ask yourself, “What problem am I solving?” Many bloggers don’t look at how to transform their blog into a business. A blog isn’t a business, it’s a platform. If you want to make money you have to sell something of value. When there is a button to show you how to buy, you have a business.
- Content mistake – The content they create has no plan. The content should attract the right people and lead them in the direction of what you have to sell. This may be common knowledge, but it’s not common practice. I created a course called Blogging Business Foundations to help you learn to attract the right person with the right problem to your business.
- Marketing mistake – They don’t have a strategic way to promote their content. They falsely believe, “If I build it they will come.” How are you marketing it? Are you promoting without a specific plan? Pay attention to how others who are successful are marketing their blog and learn from their example.
- How false information leads to failure – If you have no list, no experience, and you don’t work you’ll fail – Why 80–90% of businesses fail and how to avoid this pitfall.
- If you’re looking for a magic money bullet this is not for you – How to build a business that allows you to travel, spend more time with your family and make more money than your job.
- How blogging gives you the freedom to create the life you want and to determine the future you desire – What if you had the financial freedom to spend time with your family and to create only work you love.
- What if you could make more money in one month than you usually make in a year – Imagine freedom to support your family both financially and by being present in their lives.
- God’s timing is best – How building my blog-based business gave me freedom to be with my mom in her last days.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode
Leslie Samuel’s blog: www.becomeablogger.com
The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins. “You know what you should be doing. Count backward from five and then just jump. Go do that thing. Take that leap of faith. What could possibly happen if it works out?” Leslie Samuel comments on Mel Robbins’ book.
Subscribe to the show through Apple Podcasts and give us a rating and review. Make sure you put your real name and website in the text of the review itself. We will mention you on this show.
Get The Transcript
Right-Click and “Save As” to Get the PDF Transcript.